Monday 30 December 2013

Cashmere Convert

How many oversized pieces can you work into one outfit? I’ve taken my love for baggy, mannish shapes to the extreme this time, taking inspiration from my previous post with neutral colours and loose shapes. Alongside my second-hand Jupe cashmere trousers, I’m wearing an old white shirt from Gap bought several years ago in the sale with my vintage coat and very old sneakers that Father Christmas has now kindly replaced.

Part of my bid to shop sustainably involves buying less and sourcing classic, versatile pieces that can be worn in various different ways. I think these trousers definitely fit that bill. Although I’ve dressed them down here they could also work with heels and a little jacket for a more feminine feel. Their colour also allows for versatility, so I’ll be shedding my winter comfort blanket of black, grey and white and taking them into spring with lighter t-shirts and more vibrant hues.

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas. What was your favourite thing you got this year? I was very lucky and got some beautiful clothes, including a prized second-hand Michael Kors blazer from my boyfriend, discovered in an antique centre and that luckily fits like a glove. The boy did good. Said blazer will feature on a post in the new year. 

And just quickly a big thank you to everyone who has taken an interest in A Sustainable Thread over the past few months. Whether you’ve read it occasionally or tuned in devotedly to every post I am very grateful and totally thrilled by the positive responses. Have a very happy new year and see you in 2014!






PPhotos taken by Jamie Biles

No comments:

Post a Comment