Tuesday 27 August 2013

Bank Holiday Weekend..
















Before departing for Italy I went away with the family to Seasalter near Whitstable in Kent for the bank holiday weekend. We stayed in a sweet little house that felt more like a roomy beach hut, overlooking the sea. The moody sky, grey-blue water and stony beach reminded me of the Welsh scenes from one of my favourite films, The Edge of Love, directed by John Maybury and starring two of my favourite girls, Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller. I love their rustic, dishevelled look in the film and the casual combination of delicate lace and feminine florals with chunky knits. The film is referenced by Christa D’Souza in the vintage inspired August issue of Net-A-Porter’s online magazine The Edit. The beautiful Lily Aldridge graces the cover and her shoot plays on a similar vibe but with a touch more ethereal elegance. N.B. the wellies have been traded in for a pair of Jimmy Choo biker boots. So as soon as I’ve sourced my Jimmy biker alternatives I’ll be trying this look in full, but for now the wellies will have to suffice.

A series of photos that concludes with some snapshots from the weekend. I’m wearing my Topshop dungarees, which recently ripped of their own accord, my latest lace purchase from a vintage shop in Oxford and my Dad’s jacket.

The first six photos are via Pinterest and Tumblr
The final seven were taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment